Thursday, April 23, 2015

Baby Bunnies

"Now, if I could just make a point without being inter--"

"Twilight...?"

"--rupted."

"Twilight, I'm so sorry, but I just wanted to mention that Applejack is also helping me this week with the official bunny census --"

"where we count up all the new baby bunnies that were born this season."

"She's gonna help gather them using her wonderful herding skills."

"..."

"Anyone else?"

Episode: Applebuck Season

My commentary: The scene as a whole isn't actually that great for a few reasons. For starters, it has Fluttershy going out of her way to do public speaking and apparently performing it comfortably. Secondly, she interrupts Twilight, which is contradictory to her inherent kindness. I guess you could say she does both just because she's that determined to be kind in spreading the word on Applejack's helpfulness, but that's a stretch. Anyway, the reason I deemed this scene worth sharing is because I love the way Fluttershy says "baby bunnies" -- it was one of the first clips of the show I ever saw and I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment